Thursday 5 November 2020

The Flower Challenge #50

 Hello there!! Another month has whizzed on by. This year may have sucked but its still gone ultra fast. I can't believe its only around 7 weeks till Christmas, I'm so not ready....


I am however ready for our new theme at The Flower Challenge this month. Its all about 'Using a sentiment'. There are so many ways you could do this so I can't wait to see what you do. I actually had an idea all sorted in my head for this card but somehow ended up in a completely different direction:


 I was actually going to create a card where it was 'all sentiment' but ended up with one that hardly has one. Might use that idea for my reminder card....

I started by stamping the image from Studio Katia 'Flourishing Note' with Gina K Amalgam Black ink on white CS, colouring with Altenew Artist Markers and fussy cutting out. To pick up on the turquoise flower I used a similar shade of CS to cover the square card base. 

Dry embossing is something I don't do very often. I find it very hard to get the right amount of pressure with my Cuttlebug and most of the time it cuts thru but I decided to persevere with spare bits of cardboard to find the right fit. I used the Studio Katia 'Stitched Creative Nested Squares' largest die on some white CS and then dry embossed the smaller one in the middle. This was put on a piece of white foam in the middle of the card and the floral image put on foam tape. 

To finish off I white heat embossed the sentiment (from Studio Katia 'Floral Wreath') on a strip of black CS and put it on foam tape, along with pearls (also from Studio Katia).

You have until Wednesday 25th November to link your projects to The Flower Challenge and if your needing any ideas, pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team and our talented Guest Designer Enna of @ritzyhag on Instagram have created for you. Can't wait to see what designs you come up with!!

Take care

Shona

 

5 comments:

  1. You certainly ready with this gorgeous floral. How clever to use and envelope to contain your flowers. The coloring is awesome and I love the how happy it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty card Shona - love your colouring, and the embossed stitching in the centre of the white panel is a wonderful subtle detail
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your flowers in the envelope are gorgeous Shona! Amazing colouring! And I love how you've picked up colour from the flowers to add your colourful card base. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooo pretty❤️ beautiful colouring! Lovely colour combination..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blowers are beautiful and I love how you put them on that embossed label, Shona.

    ReplyDelete