Monday 16 November 2020

Reminder: The Flower Challenge #50

 Hi there!! It has been so hot this weekend. On Friday it was so warm I ended up with my first sunburn on my shoulders and back of neck, so each time I go outside it hurts in the heat even under my t-shirt. Definitely need to travel everywhere with sunblock from now on.....


Our theme for this month at The Flower Challenge is to 'Use a Sentiment'. You could make a floral sentiment or just add a die-cut/stamped sentiment along with your floral images....its totally up to you!!

For my card I had a good idea in my head but as usual, when I came to make it I realised I hadn't thought it through properly....:


So frustrating how hard it is to capture gold, shiny CS in a photograph. I tried laying it flat, going closer etc but nothing seems to work. Here is another photo:

 

I started off by stamping the flowers from Pinkfresh Studio 'Pop Out: Hexagons' on white CS and white heat embossing. I then used a rainbow of Distress Inks to blend over each one. My idea was to inlay these pieces back into the Pinkfresh Studio 'Simple Hexagons' die-cut but suddenly realised there wasn't a single hexagon die with it and the way I had stamped them I couldn't use the large die to cut them out. Silly me!!

So I fussy cut around the floral patterns that filled the shape and used them to cut out the smaller floral images. I die-cut the hexagon panel from grey CS and also from white CS. I glued these together with Gina K Connect Glue and then to the card front. I inset four of the grey pieces along the side and then put all the floral images on foam tape.

For the sentiment (also Pinkfresh Studio 'Hello') I die-cut the shadow from white CS and the 'hello' once from Craft Smith 'Holiday Foil' in gold, and twice more from white CS. I glued these all together and then to the card front. And to finish off I added some gold pearls from Studio Katia.

You have until Wednesday 25th November to link your projects to The Flower Challenge and there are lots of projects to inspire you on the blog from the rest of the Design Team. Hope you have time to join us!!

Take care

Shona 

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous gorgeous card Shona, I love the whole design! stay safe and well mf ;) hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are pretty rainbow hexagons, Shona! You've created a beautiful card even without the hexagon die!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too pretty for words. You're just knocking these fabulous cards out of park.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous card Shona - it may not have worked out how you intended, but the result is exquisite
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a STUNNING card Shona. I LOVE your design. It's so beautiful and unique. It sounds like it was a lot of work, but so glad you persevered. A real "WOW" card! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're a proper crafter Shona and things going wrong never phase you! Love the way this card turned out and delighted to see you rocking the bright colours too :) 2020 isn't gonna get us down is it?!! Hope the chocolate crinkle cookies worked out too and I'm sure a bit of extreme gardening will deal with any extra calories! Sorry to hear about the sunburn though. Enjoy your sunshine (safely!) and think of me out with the dogs here, wading through mud, wishing I hadn't left my gloves at home lol! Give your lovely Bella a pat for me! Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's like a vintage patchwork quilt, Shona. I love it.

    ReplyDelete