Thursday 30 July 2020

Funky Fossil Designs - July New Release - Preview Day 4

Its been another gorgeous, sunny day today. If I'm not careful I will start getting used to all the warm sunshine and think its Springtime instead of the middle of Winter!!!!





We have another stamp set to share with you today for the Funky Fossil Designs New Release and we are still in Christmas mode. Introducing 'Elegant Ornaments':




This is another 6 x 8 inch set, so these ornaments are a fabulous size to be the star of their own card, and also big enough to show off all the intricate patterns they have. For my card I wanted to go simple so you could see all the detail on one of my favourite ornament patterns:


Please excuse this terrible photo. I've just started making slimline cards and I'm really struggling with taking a good photo. Lying them down seems to be the best way but then the light in my cheap 'lightbox' is really only lighting up one end. So there is a lot of experimenting to be done if I make more of these card shapes (which I do love.....).....

I started off by stamping the ornament with Waffle Flower 'New Fish in Pond' ink, which is a gorgeous soft aqua colour. Both of the ornaments were stamped with the same ink even though it doesn't look like it in the photo..... I fussy cut them both out and put foam tape on their backs.

I used some Pinkfresh Studio 'Slim Stitched Rectangles' dies with the larger one having the stitched edge. I blended the same ink over the larger die-cut and then adhered to the card base (which is 3 x 8 inches). I then put the smaller panel on a piece of white foam and the ornaments on top. For the sentiment I heat embossed it in silver, blended over the same ink, backed with some white CS and put on foam tape.

To add some shine to the design I glued on some silver pearls from Studio Katia. And for the ornaments themselves I added different sizes of clear jewels, also from Studio Katia. This would be a great card to mass produce in different colour combo's.

We have one more stamp set to share with you tomorrow and then all the products will be available to purchase on Saturday August 1st. If you pop over to the Funky Fossil Designs Blog you can see what the rest of the Design Team have made with this set and I'll see you back here tomorrow.

Take care
Shona
 

1 comment:

  1. Still doing slimlines, I see. This one's another beauty with those gorgeous stamps and lovely color.

    ReplyDelete