Saturday 16 May 2020

Reminder: The Flower Challenge #44

Hi everyone!! I'm typing this out while enjoying the fire. The nights have become a little bit colder of late, even though the days have been glorious. We only have a few more weeks of Autumn left and then the cold harsh days of Winter will be upon us......can't wait!!





This months theme at The Flower Challenge is 'Monochrome' which is basically creating a project using the same colour but in different tones. I think its a fantastic idea, gives you a chance to try out some colouring techniques and see what 'pink leaves' would look like!!

I've been raking up a lot of leaves lately and one of the most frustrating ones are the Magnolia leaves as they are so HUGE!! However it got me thinking about why I don't have a Magnolia tree myself and how beautiful the blooms are that make the leaves worth it. So I pulled out one of my favourite Magnolia stamps for a colouring session:


I'll be completely honest, I made a few mistakes colouring these and the more I tried to fix them, the worse it got. So please look at it from VERY far away and just enjoy the stamp image itself!!

I started by stamping the flowers from Funky Fossil Designs 'Beautiful Inside and Out' with Gina K Amalgam Black ink on white CS and colouring with an array of purple Altenew Artist Markers, using the palest one to create a shadow around the outside. I fussy cut around the outside of the image and then decided to cut a hole and do the inside as well, as I wanted a window for the sentiment.

I cut a panel of purple CS so it was slightly slimmer than the card front. I managed to find a circle die (from Couture Creations) that was nearly the same size as the inside of the flowers. I die-cut it from the purple panel and glued the flowers on top. Using my MISTI I stamped the sentiment (from Funky Fossil Designs 'Happy Words') thru the window on to the card front and popped the panel on some white foam. I then finished off with a few purple iridescent sequins from Neat and Tangled.

You have until Monday 25th May to link your projects to The Flower Challenge and if your needing some ideas, pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team have created for you. Can't wait to see your floral projects in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona
 

6 comments:

  1. Truth is, if you made any mistakes in coloring, either I'm blind or they are invisible. This card is incredibly lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't see any mistakes Shona - you are too hard on yourself! this is gorgeous, love that you used purple as you colour choice
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. You colored the magnolias beautifully, Shona! The shading and highlights are perfect! I could't find any mistake :) ! It was a great idea to cut a window for the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my fave flower stamps ever and your coloring looks stunning! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card Shona, I love it :) hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete