Friday 29 May 2020

Funky Fossil Designs - Fancy a brew??

Hi there!! Its Friday night and its been raining since this afternoon, so its very nice to have the fire going and know I can stay up late and catch up on some Netflix.....


The 2020 Spring/Summer Coffee Lovers Blog Hop is on its final day. Its been an incredible week and as I write this there are 1224 entries....woo hoo!! That's amazing and there are so many inspirational projects.





Funky Fossil Designs is one of the Sponsors for the hop. They are also having a Sale that will end at the same time as the hop. You can get 15% OFF EVERYTHING IN STORE by using the code FOSSIL15.

For this card I wanted some bright, pretty colours to go along with the cute little 'coffee-loving' pug:


He's so adorable and I think the little pug puppies are probably small enough to actually fit into a cup. Can just imagine bringing one home, our Golden Retriever Bella would love it but probably end up by sitting on it by accident....

I stamped the image from the 'Pugs and Hugs' stamp set with Gina K Amalgam black ink on white CS. I watercoloured it using my Zig Real Color Brush Markers and fussy cut out when it had dried.

I cut a panel of pink CS so it left some white CS showing top and bottom and adhered to the card front. Using the 'Round in Flowers' stencil I blended lots of Distress Inks pinching the round blending pad to create a dauber. Once I had finished I cut the circle out and put it on some white foam. The sentiment (from the same stamp set) was white heat embossed on a strip of black CS and popped on foam tape, along with the dog. And I finished off with a few Neat and Tangled sequins.

I'm going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Anything Goes'. This is my second entry.


Time to sit myself down in front of the fire with some Diamond Painting and to watch the new 'Space Force' show on Netflix. Its looks hilarious and has so many well known comedians included. I did unfortunately read a review of it this morning that said it wasn't funny at all but luckily we all don't have the same sense of humour so maybe I'll find it a hoot.....

Take care
Shona
  

7 comments:

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous, Shona! I love that background and the adorable pug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If Steve Carrell is in it, I'm sure it's funny. If I was younger, I'd trade in my Steve for him. He's such a cool guy.
    Anyway, I love this little guy. So adorable. His eyes are mesmerizing. You showcased him perfectly on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous image Shona and so beautifully coloured. Love your gorgeous stenciled background too
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete