Sunday 24 February 2019

Simon Says Stamp Flickr Challenge #117 Entry no. 2

You will never believe it.....its raining!!! After two months of dry, hot weather the heavens finally opened up early this morning and its been raining ever since. I was laying in bed listening to it on the roof for hours, smiling away to myself. Wanted to go out in my pjs and run around in it but the neighbours might think I'm a bit nuts (if they didn't already....). So we've been at home today (Sunday) and enjoying seeing the rain on the windows. Will be so nice gardening tomorrow (its only supposed to rain today and then nothing for at least another 10 days.......), the dirt will be so much softer!!

Last night, while Phoebe and her friends were at a restaurant having dinner for Phoebe's 14th birthday....on their own.....I finally put together a card that I had watercoloured earlier in the week:


The theme for the current Simon Says Stamp Flickr Challenge is 'Colouring' and I entered another watercoloured card yesterday. That card used the outside part of the SSS 'Centre Cut Flowers' stamp and this one uses the removable centre stamp.

I started by stamping the image with Versamark Ink on Reeves watercolour CS and heat embossing with Hero Arts 'White Satin Pearl' embossing powder. I then coloured this over 3 days using Distress Inks. When I had finished I wanted to die-cut it with a circle die but I didn't have one big enough, so fussy cut it out.

To create a background for the image, I blended Distress Oxide Ink 'Tumbled Glass' in the middle of the card front and then sprayed with Imagine Crafts 'Shimmer Sparkle Glitz'. The flowers were then popped up on foam tape.

I die-cut the SSS 'Friend' die from white CS and then from white CS blended with the same 'Tumbled Glass' Distress Oxide ink. I glued them to the flower which was quite fiddly (and it went on a slight slant which annoys me so much!!) and then covered the letters with Spectrum Noir Shimmer pen. I heat embossed a sentiment from SSS 'Kind Flowers' using WOW! 'Pastel Glacier Mint' embossing powder on a strip of white CS and glued in place, along with sequins from Neat and Tangled.

I'm dropping Max at the movies soon to see 'Alita Battle Angel' with his friends and then dropping Ella home. Hopefully after doing that I will manage to whip up a card or two. I could do some housework but who really wants to do that when I still have so many new stamps and dies I haven't used??

Take care
Shona

2 comments:

  1. Lovely watercoloring. Looks really fabulous. Tell Phoebe Happy Birthday for me. Fourteen is such an important age.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks lovely Shona - love your background, beautifully sponged!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete