Hi everyone!! Its pouring with rain here and is set to continue for another few days, so a perfect time to catch up on some card making....and housework I suppose....maybe....
I'm just popping in to remind you about our current challenge theme at The Flower Challenge. We are looking for floral projects with 'Acetate and/or Vellum'. There are already some amazing photos in the Gallery and I hope you get a chance to join in!!
For this card I decided to use acetate (since my last one had vellum). Acetate always means a 'shaker' card to me and this one took SO LONG to put together but I'm in love with the finished product:
Nothing like a pastel rainbow 'shaker' flower for your birthday!! I nearly gave up a few times with this but so glad I didn't!!
I started off by die-cutting 12 petals from white CS using the MFT Stamps 'Colour Drop' die. I then used the next size down petal die and die-cut the middle out of six of them. Using the larger petal die I also die-cut the acetate six times.
Right, now to put it all together!! I glued the acetate behind the petals with the holes in them. I don't own any thin width foam tape, so spent ages cutting small pieces to go around the edges of the solid petals. Using sequins from Neat and Tangled, I put them in the petal with the foam tape, removed the cover tape and then put the 'window' petal on top, trying very hard to make sure it met up perfectly around the edges. It sounds so easy typing this but believe me, all the cutting and sequins did drive me a little nuts....
To make this flower fit I cut a card base from white CS measuring 5 inches by
5 inches. I cut a panel of black CS the same size and adhered it to the front. I flipped each petal over, added double sided tape and then pressed them on the card front, trying to get them as close to each other as possible.
For the sentiment I die-cut some black CS with a small circle die from Couture Creations and heat embossed the 'happy birthday (from MFT stamps 'Bitty Bears') in white. I had to cut the sentiment stamp in half to get the words to fit. This was then put on foam tape in the middle of the flower. Ta-dah!!
I'm going to link this to the MFT Stamps - The Birthday Project Challenge where their theme this month is 'Shaker Cards'.
You have until Friday 25th May to link your projects to The Flower Challenge and if you need any inspiration, don't forget to pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team have created just for you. Hope to see you in the Gallery!!