Friday 25 May 2018

CAS-ual Fridays Stamps - Girl Friday post for May

Hi there, thanks so much for stopping by! I hope your week is going well and everything is going to plan. Our weather has been all over the place and the Winter cold is beginning to arrive unfortunately...

I'm up on the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Blog today with a different way of using some of the new release Fri-dies:


I don't know where I would be without my huge stock of paint chips. I could never afford to purchase CS in lots of different colours and since the paint chips are free from local hardware stores, I can replenish my stash whenever I need too!!

I was playing around the the new Hourglass Fri-dies and thought this is such a cool shape, surely I can do something else with it. Turns out I could!!



This was super simple to put together. I gathered lots of different pastel coloured paint chips and die-cut the hourglass from each one. After working out the colour combos, I adhered the bottom two to the card front and then popped the top two on foam tape. The sentiments (both from the Sands of Time 2 stamp set) were heat embossed in white on circles of black CS (I die-cut the circles using a die from Couture Creations). I then put the circles on some foam tape.

 
I've been trying to push myself to try new ideas and decided instead of sequins, I would use my Tonic Nuvo Crystal Drops to add some embellishment. I added larger dots on the outer corners and smaller ones along the edges. These are so much fun to use and I wish I had them in every colour!!


I hope this gives you some ideas on how to use your dies in a different way. And if your thinking about purchasing these products or any others from CAS-ual Fridays Stamps don't forget to use my special code to save yourself some money!!





Enjoy the rest of your week, the weekend isn't too far away now and fingers crossed we all get some crafting time!!

Take care
Shona
 

2 comments:

  1. Look at you stretching your products. Very clever and innovative. These are both so Spring-y and colorful, especially when you consider Winter is coming to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fabulous Shona. Great use of the paint chips. I buy my card from a local printer (who is unfortunately shortly going out of business) and that has made it much cheaper, but I love the way you use the paint chips - do they ever query you about your 'consumption' of so many?
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete