Tuesday 6 September 2016

Tic Tac Toe Challenge # 17

I spent this past weekend staying with my Mum and boy oh boy did I get a lot of cards made!! It was so much fun to be able to chat with her and make my cards at the same time. It can be quite lonely sometimes doing my creating so really appreciated the company!!




It also gave me a chance to try out some new techniques and my new stamp sets which I was dying to ink up. I've been very inspired by the gorgeous cards my friend Michele (her blog is Craft Cradle) creates where she makes up little cute scenes. Its something I've not really tried before but as I had plenty of time, I thought I would experiment and the Tic Tac Toe challenge gave me a great idea:


This cute little cat is from My Favourite Things 'Cool Cat' and I imagined him looking in a window at the fish. Only problem is that I don't have an actual window die but suddenly thought of this Waffle Flower 'Insta Love' die that looks very much like the windows in our old Villa. 

I die-cut the 'Insta Love' die twice from white CS and glued them together for more stability. I worked out where it would sit on the card front and put washi tape down to mask off that area. I was then able to use my mini-blending tool and 'Mustard Seed' Distress Ink to create the background colour. For the shelf I cut a thin strip of woodgrain CS, glued it in place and popped the window over top on some foam tape. 

The cat, fishbowl and flowers were stamped on some white CS and I coloured them all with pencils. I fussy cut them out and added black pen around the edges. The fish bowl and flowers were adhered on the shelf and the cat was glued to the bottom of the window with some foam tape under his bottom half. The sentiment (from the same stamp set) was stamped in black and added some blue and yellow sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.

I'm also going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Monday Challenge where their theme is 'Stamp It'.



As you can imagine I have a lot more cards to put on my blog, so will try to spread them out so your not inundated with them all at once. I have a huge amount of gardening to do this week so its a nice feeling to know that all my cards are finished!!

Take care
Shona




 

2 comments:

  1. Shona, this is awesome...so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card! The stamps you've used are fantastic, love how you created your scene! Thanks for joining us this week on Simon Says Monday Challenge Blog! Barbara

    ReplyDelete