Friday 27 March 2015

Addicted to CAS Challenge # 59

I've been trying to force myself, over the past few months, to try different things with my card making. Have started using more patterned paper lately and thought it was about time I had a go with colours that I don't usually use.

So, when I saw the code word at Addicted to CAS, I thought I better get my thinking cap on. Its taken me all week but here is my all green creation:



So nice to attempt a challenge where I had the right coloured ink AND cardstock!

I started by die-cutting the wreath from green CS and then from the card front. I adhered a panel of white CS behind the front of the card and inlayed the wreath. I die cut the flower and leaves from different shades of green paint chips and adhered the leaves directly to the wreath, with the flower on some foam tape. Finally, a quick sentiment in green and I was done. And extremely happy!!

The wreath die is from Papertrey Ink. The flower and leaf dies are from Paper Smooches 'Flowers'. The sentiment stamps are from Winnie and Walter 'The Big, the Bold and the Happy'.

I'm going to link this to the CAS(E) this Sketch Challenge # 116 where their sketch for this week is:


Will also link to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Anything Goes'.

And will also link to the Uniko Studio Challenge # 19 where their theme is also 'Anything Goes'.

Must go to bed early tonight but have two more cards to post first. Had a very busy gardening day, which was lovely in the Autumn sun. Max has a friend over tomorrow for a sleep-over and Phoebe is going to a birthday sleep-over. Sunday will be spent packing for Phoebe's school camping trip on Monday. She is really excited. I'm excited for her but its a few hours away from here and I'm not very good at leaving my children in other people's care...too much of a worrier!!

Take care
Shona

11 comments:

  1. Oh, this is so pretty! I love the white and green! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, Shona! Look at you go with those chips!! Thanks for playing cards with us at CAS[E] this Sketch!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous...I LOVE that wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! The inlay looks really sophisticated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that green! Your wreath is lovely and the flower, too. I hope you got some rest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this - great shades of green; cool take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay, Shona ... another paint chip bloom ... it's gorgeous with that luscious wreath! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card - great CAS design.
    Thanks for sharing your wonderful creation with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Caryn

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty & beautifully CAS. Thanks for linking up at Uniko Studio :) Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've rocked the green here, Shona! Such an eye-catching card; the wreath and flower create a delightful frame for the W&W sentiment (love W&W)! Another fabulous creation!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card, green and white is a great colour combo. Karen x

    ReplyDelete