Friday 27 February 2015

Just Add Ink Challenge # 252

I've just realised that there is now only one day left in February. Where is all the time going?? The 1st of March is the first day of Autumn here in New Zealand, so I better make the most of all the sunny days we have left!!


This week at Just Add Ink its 'sketch time' and isn't this one a beauty! I love having different angles on my cards, so I couldn't wait to take this sketch for a test drive!!



A lot of the blogs I follow belong to people who live on the other side of the world from me and everyone is looking forward to Spring. So I decided to finally use this floral paper I've had my eye on for ages.

After cutting the patterned paper into the sketch shape, I popped it up on the card front with some foam tape. I stamped the sentiment in pink on some white CS and fussy cut very carefully. This was also popped up on foam tape. You can't have Spring flowers without some butterflies, so I stamped and heat embossed two of them in gold and cut out with the matching die. I bent the wings in slightly (so they didn't sit flat) and used double-sided tape to attach them. Lots of Spring happiness!!

The floral paper is from Kaisercraft 'Happy Snaps'. The sentiment stamp is from Rosies Studio and the butterfly stamp and die are from Die Versions 'Cats Meow'.

Since I have a 'Spring' card, I'm going to link to the Mod Squad Challenge where their theme is 'Spring'.

I'm also going to link to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Anything Goes'. This is my second entry.

I will also link to the Simply Create Too Challenge # 79 where their theme is 'Anything Goes'.

You have until Wednesday 4th March 10pm to enter the Just Add Ink Challenge. The Design Team have created some gorgeous cards on the blog, if you need help in the inspiration department. I really hope you have time to join in and can't wait to see what you come up with!!

Take care
Shona

12 comments:

  1. Such a pretty 'spring' card you've created with the sketch!!! Love all the white space too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very pretty! Love that floral pattern! Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card Shona! So so pretty and sweet. Love that paper and your cute little butterflies. Enjoy your weekend! Thank you so much for playing with us at Simply Create Too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your inspiration card is so sweet and springy, Shona! And you are so sweet to think of this side of the world and make us a spring card!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very pretty, Shona ... it really is a breath of spring on a card ... lovely! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous use of that unusual sketch--love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely stunning! I love the designer series paper you've used - it just shines against all that white space!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally wish we were going into Spring rather than Autumn :( absolutely LOVE the paper you've used, such a pretty card my friend. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty card Shona! That DSP is stunning and I really love the gold embossed butterflies. Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the odd cut to this card. That's so different and unqiue. Thank you so much for playing along with The Mod Squad Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a pretty Spring card Shona! Your DSP is fabulous and I love your gorgeous gold butterflies and perfect pink greeting. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the angles. Thanks for joining in at The Mod Squad Challenge!

    ReplyDelete