Sunday 25 January 2015

Merry Monday Challenge # 142

I must say, I'm loving these Christmas Card challenges. I really enjoyed making my cards this past Christmas and didn't want to stop, so very excited to carry on the theme.



This week at Merry Monday they are looking for a Christmas card that involves 'houses'. I love house stamps and dies (just wish I had more....), so was very excited about this one!!!



Luckily I knew exactly what I wanted to do with this card. I started by die-cutting the houses thru the white CS, which was cut to the size of the card front. I adhered the blue/white splattered paper to the card front. The sentiment was stamped in Versamark Ink and embossed in silver. I then spent forever cutting tiny pieces of foam tape for behind the houses and stuck them over the blue paper. Three little silver stars for the night sky and done!

The house dies are from Simon Says Stamp 'Village'. The sentiment stamps are from Winnie and Walter 'The Big, the Bold and Merry'. The patterned paper is from Dear Lizzy 'Polka Dot Party' and silver stars from Papervine.

I received a comment from Bridget Larsen telling me about the Christmas Cards All Year Round Challenge and for January their theme is 'Anything Goes'. Thanks so much for this Bridget and this is my first of many entries!!

Update: Have just received another comment, this time from Hazel of Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge Extra. She asked if I could enter this card into her challenge too. More than happy to do that and thank you Hazel for the invitation. Her theme is 'Anything Goes - as long as its Christmas', so definitely need to follow this one!!

One more card to post and then I need to catch up on some blog commenting. I gardened all Friday afternoon, spent Friday night staying with my Mum with Phoebe and then another 5 hrs gardening Saturday. Today we spent most of the day at a big swimming hole, so not much time for blog surfing. Hope to catch up with all you've been doing over the next few days!!

Take care
Shona


7 comments:

  1. Great card! Love the dies that you used and your design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That night sky looks fabulous! Love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Shona, I love pretty sentiment.Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, Shona! Love the scene and wonderful sentiment! Perfect card for this week's challenge! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Monday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a magical scene, Shona ... so beautifully crisp and clean! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous design! I like the night scene u created :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the blue and white colour combo Shona. Thanks for joining in the challenge at CHNC Extra for January. Apologies for the late comment - I had some internet issues.

    ReplyDelete