Monday 13 October 2014

Muse Challenge # 88

Its 11.40am Monday morning and the house is completely quiet. Yes, the kids went back to school this morning. They were happy to be seeing all their friends and I was happy to have a bit more of 'me time'. Although I do miss their laughter and cuddles. Won't be long till 3pm and maybe I'll be wishing for quiet time again......





This is our incredible inspiration card for Muse this week, by the amazing Vicki Dutcher. I just knew this would be a chance to get out my heat gun and try some more embossing, as I sure do need the practice!




I loved Vicki's card so much I didn't really stray too far from her original design. I have these fantastic doily stamps that I hardly use, so stamped and heat embossed in gold, in a random design. I adhered the black panel straight to the front of my white card. I decided to heat emboss the sentiment in gold as well, on to a strip of vellum. This was glued straight to the front too. No rhinestones, sequins or enamel dots this time. I love how it turned out, thank you Vicki so much for the inspiration!!

The doily stamps are from Couture Creations and the sentiment from Sullivans. 

I'm also going to link this to the challenge at Addicted to Stamps #116 where their theme is 'Anything Goes'.

Will also link to the Stamplorations October Challenge where their theme is 'Stamping and Embossing'.

And last but not least, will link to the CAS on Sunday Challenge #44 where their theme is 'Emboss it'.

I've got one more card to post and then I have a few jobs to do with my blog. Although, I don't really know much about blog design but hopefully I can figure out what I need to do without making too much of a mess. Just such a good time to do it with no one around, as I need 100% of my brain to work it all out!

Take care
Shona

17 comments:

  1. Glad you pulled out your doily stamps for this beauty! Lovely card, Shona!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you don't need much practice embossing, your card looks perfect to me! Thanks for your kind words about my card. Hope you don't mind if I join in on some of the challenges you are, visiting other blogs is such a good way to find out about different ones! I hope you enjoyed your me time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful...you have a way with gold and silver. your card is just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A real stunner, Shona ... you can safely say you've got heat embossing down to a T! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow Shona this is fab embossing! Great take on Vicki's card x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what a great take on the muse! I totally love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. absolutely gorgeous! Love your heat embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful - so elegant and your embossing is very, very clean - well done! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great CASe of the Muse Shona, love the gold doily embossing.
    Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE it! Looks fabulous with using more doilies! Thanks for joining in with Muse!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great gold embossing, Shona and I think the black panel really pops mounted on the white card base. Thanks for linking up at ATSM this week, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning embossing - the gold looks so luxurious! Great take on the Muse card. Enjoy the peace and quiet :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the gold embossing on the black. It really does pop and the vellum sentiment is a great choice to not take away from it! Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is beautiful! Black and gold - a match made in heaven :) Love the doilies - need to get me some! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such an elegant card love the combo black and gold. Thanks for joining us over at CAS on sunday

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love those embossed doilies, and black/gold is such a fab combination. Thanks for playing at STAMPlorations!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your embossing is stunning, Shona! Great card! Thanks so much for playing along at STAMPlorations xx

    ReplyDelete