Thursday 12 December 2013

Finally made some 'non-xmas' cards

 Finally made some cards that don't relate to christmas! Have seen so many wonderful cards on the blogs I follow lately that felt inspired to create something new. I wish I could do some more stamping but still struggling to find a decent ink pad. I think I've worked out that I only like 'pigment ink'. All the water based dye ink pads I have are so blotchy, and dry blotchy. I did buy the Memento Tuxedo Black ink as so many people use it but its just as bad. Maybe its the paper I use???? So have just ordered Versamark Onyx black archival ink, so fingers crossed!

So I played around with my Teresa Collins 6x6 pads last night and always go back to the same colour scheme. These papers were from the Memorabilia pad. I cut out a frame with my Cuttlebug and was going to put foam so it sat up higher but it didn't look right to me once I put the wording on. Just love these enamal dots, wish they sold them in bags of 100!!
This is using the Lawn Fawn 'Into the Woods' paper pad, which I haven't used much of lately. I wanted something friendly and simple and found I had the perfect orange enamel dots too, which was fantastic! 

Really love both of these cards but still want to make more xmas cards. Just the feel of this time of year I think. Only two more weeks to go, the kids and I can't wait. Have been grocery shopping today trying to buy some bits and pieces in advance....think I need to remortgage the house to buy everything we need for xmas lunch!!

Enjoy your day. Going to be 28 degrees Celsius today, just perfect.

Take care
Shona

No comments:

Post a Comment