Friday 26 February 2021

Funky Fossil Designs - New Release Day!!!!

 Hi everyone!! Hope you've all had a wonderful week and bet your looking forward to the weekend. Well, some good news for the end of the week is that Funky Fossil Designs New Release is now available to purchase!!

 


There are five new stamp sets, 2 new dies, paper pad and washi tapes to tempt your wallets. There is something for everyone in this release from Steampunk images, to cute little sheep and even some magical designs. You can check them all out now in the Funky Fossil Designs store.

To celebrate this day I went a little 'die-cutting crazy' but as you know that's one of my favourite things to do on a card so I loved every minute of it:


Nothing like rainbow colours to make you smile and celebrate the day. And even a hint of gold for a bit of shine. This was a little fiddly to do but I just sat myself in front of the tv (started watching 'Superstore' on Netflix, didn't like it at first but have become rather obsessed....) and set my Cuttlebug in motion.

I started by gathering a rainbow of CS. I used a chain-link type die that comes in the brand new 'Cogs and Gears' die set and die-cut from each colour once. I then die-cut some white CS using the 'Zen Mandala'  die set. Using some Gina K Connect Glue I adhered the coloured die-cut pieces to the solid white base. I then glued the mandala white pieces on top.

After die-cutting the same chain-link die from some gold Craft Smith 'Holiday Foil' paper, I inlaid some pieces into the end of each chain. I adhered a piece of black CS to a 4.5 inch square white card base and then put the mandala die piece on some black foam. The sentiment (from the 'Whimsy Town' stamp set) was gold heat embossed on a strip of black CS, backed with white CS and put on foam tape in the middle of the card, along with some Studio Katia gold pearls.

I'm going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Anything Goes'.


 

I hope you have fun shopping the New Release and can't wait to see what you do with them all. Don't forget to tag #funkyfossildesigns on Instagram so we can see your amazing creations. And I have loads more cards using these new products to share with you over the coming weeks, so I'll see you back here very soon.

Take care

Shona

 

3 comments:

  1. What a fascinating and detailed card Shona. A real beauty
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are incredible with that die cutting machine...I would never have thought of creating a rainbow mandala. Guess that makes you brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have amazing ideas Shona! Love this rainbow mandala and can only imagine doing something that fiddly!! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete