Thursday 6 August 2020

Funky Fossil Designs - Let it Snow

I'm back for the third time today!! I was going back over my old blog posts and I certainly don't post as much as I used too which is sad but I'm glad I can still keep posting and I love visiting your blogs too!!





I wanted to share with you another card using one of the New Release stamps that came out a week ago from Funky Fossil Designs. 




This card uses the new 'Filigree Flakes' set (above). The snowflakes are beautiful on their own, wanted to see how they would go being overlapped slightly:


You all know I love blue and white for my Christmas cards, so this card brings me lots of Christmas joy!!

I started off by adhering a panel of navy CS to the 5inch square card base. I then cut a slightly smaller square from white CS and using my MISTI stamped the snowflakes using inks from Hero Arts and Waffle Flower. I didn't rule lines or anything like that, I simply turned the square around each time I stamped and it worked really well. Once I had finished stamping I glued it to the card front.

For the sentiment I die-cut some navy CS using a circle die from Couture Creations, white heat embossed and put it on foam tape. To finish off I added clear jewels from Studio Katia to the middle of all the navy snowflakes and the large blue snowflakes. You could re-create this with a group of any colours and do a mass stamping for Christmas.

I'm going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where they are asking you to 'Use your favourite tool'. This is my 3rd entry, my previous two I mentioned my beloved Cuttlebug. For this one I'm sharing my love for my MISTI. It really did change my life with regards to stamping and I would never be without it!!


Its dinnertime here so better get a wriggle on before the kids get hangry!! I'm not gardening tomorrow either but will be spending a lot of time at the hairdresser. Unfortunately its not me getting my hair done (as usual...) but Phoebe who needs to get her roots rebleached and hair stripped so she can have it split dyed - half dark pink, the other half yellow. It will look fantastic but will take around 5 hrs and I'll be living on bread and water till Christmas.......the things we do for our children......

Take care
Shona
 

2 comments:

  1. Those ombre hair colors cost the earth...I'm sure Pheobe appreciates your sacrifice. I'm also surr she'll want some Christmas presents. Love this card...those snowflakes are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is stunning Shona - love the way the stamps have all fitted together so beautifully. One thing with bread and water, you won't gain weight :) In fact you could get so bored you may loose some, which we all seem to want to do.
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete