Thursday 2 April 2020

CAS-ual Fridays Stamps - March New Release - Preview #4

Hi everybody!! I really hope you've enjoyed the previews of the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps New Release over the past few days. Nice to have something new to look at after a week or so of being stuck at home!!



 Today we are showing off the last of the new stamp sets. Introducing 'Heart Ribbon':

I've recently found out one of my gardening clients has cancer. It was discovered after she fell, which meant it was discovered just in the nick of time. So this stamp set has even more meaning to me:


I think this ribbon with the hearts is such a wonderful design and I wanted it to be the star of this card!

I started by white heat embossing the ribbon on white CS. I then blended Distress Inks 'Picked Raspberry', 'Worn Lipstick' and 'Spun Sugar' over the ribbon with an ombre effect. I fussy cut around it and added foam tape to the back.

I wanted something in the background but more for interest and texture more than colour. So I die-cut the 'Hearts A2 Panel Fri-Die' from white CS and glued directly to the card front. The ribbon was then popped up on top. I stamped the sentiment (from the same stamp set) with Versafine Onyx ink on a strip of white CS, backed with black CS and then put on foam tape for even more dimension. And to finish off I glued on some Pretty Pink Posh sequins for a bit of shine.

I'm going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Anything Goes'. This is my 4th entry.



Thanks so much for joining me over the past few days and hope your able to get your hands on a few of these new sets. Hopefully my special code has been of help to you, saving any money at the moment is definitely at the top of my list!!





There are more cards to look at over on the  CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Blog and you have the chance of winning this set!! Look after yourself and enjoy the time with your family (even if they are driving you crazy......). I'll see you back here again soon with some more ideas.

Stay safe
Shona
 

2 comments:

  1. Lovely that you had someone in mind when you made the card and what a card it is. Think the added die cut background was an excellent idea. Perfect for your client/friend. I wish her well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card Shona - love the textural background, it just adds so much
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete