Thursday 5 March 2020

The Flower Challenge #42

Hi there and hope your having a more exciting week than me. I've been home the past three days with Max. He is sick AGAIN (was sick for two weeks back at the beginning of Feb with a cold and ear infection), this time he has another cold but also sinnitus, so its another week off school for him. Thank goodness a lot of their school work is done online these days so he can try to keep up. And its given me time to catch up with housework etc, which has been fantastic.





A new month means a new theme for The Flower Challenge which is everyone's favourite 'Anything Goes', so I'm expecting the Gallery to be overloaded with floral goodness.

Our Sponsor for this challenge is one of our wonderful Design Team members Rachel. She is an incredible artist and has started her own Etsy store Rachel Vass Designs. The digital floral images are gorgeous and she is giving two images to the winner of this challenge. 




Rachel also very generously gave us all a chance to use some of her images for our cards this month and it was so hard to choose:


I haven't been using digital images on my cards for very long but I'm loving how you can print them out and colour straight away. No need to worry about smudging ink or stamping them properly. Its goof proof!!

I started by printing the 'Handtied Bouquet' digital image on some white CS and colouring with my Altenew Artist Markers. I was lucky enough to find a die from MFT Stamps 'Blueprints #27' that fit around the image perfectly. I added a panel of black CS to the card front and then put the floral image on top with some white foam.

For the sentiment I die-cut the MFT Stamps 'Words for Friends' die (Retired) from black CS 3x, glued them together with Gina K Connect Glue and then to the card front, using a t-ruler to keep them straight. I then white heat embossed the sentiment (from MFT Stamps 'Kind Words' (Retired) on a strip of black CS and glued in place, along with some pearls from Studio Katia.

You have until Wednesday 25th March to link your projects to The Flower Challenge and we will be back on the 15th March with a few more projects to inspire you. Can't wait to see all your floral designs!!

Take care
Shona
 

3 comments:

  1. Shona, for me it was a toss between this image and the Peony, both are beautiful.
    I love the bright centers on these flowers and how they shine with the white border.
    The bold statement really sends a beautiful message.
    Hugs,
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card Shona - love your colouring of the flowers!This week has been chaotic for me... I haven't vacuumed for over two weeks - maybe tomorrow....
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card and design too Shona, love how you have coloured these beautiful flowers too.I hope Max is improving now, poor boy ;( hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete