Monday 5 August 2019

The Flower Challenge #35

Hi there!! Another month has zoomed on by and its time for a new theme at The Flowe Challenge.





This month its all about using your favourite flower. Being a gardener I have so many flowers I love and there are so many floral stamps/dies and stencils these days I bet you will find it hard to choose as well!!

We also have a Sponsor for this challenge Clearly Besotted and they are giving a gift card to the winner. How fabulous is that!!


I have a tie for my favourite flower. I adore David Austin roses but I also love peonies. I haven't had much luck growing them myself. I have around 11 plants and only seem to get one peony flower each year. Over the past two months I've been given another 8 plants so fingers crossed they will all eventually flower as they mature. I decided to use a stamp that included peonies and coloured it yellow like 'Graham Thomas', a favourite David Austin rose:


This is such an amazing stamp image and wonderul for colouring too. Will definitely be using it again!!

I started by stamping the MFT Stamps 'Fresh Cut Flowers' image with Versamark ink on Strathmore Bristol Smooth CS and white heat embossing. I then used my Distress Inks and Zig Real Colour Brush Markers to watercolour it, trying to add as much depth as I could.  Once it was dry I die-cut the panel with a waffle-edged die from MFT Stamps 'Blueprints 27' and adhered to the card front. To keep it simple I white heat embossed the sentiment (from MFT Stamps 'Birthday Bears') on a strip of black CS, popped it on foam tape and glued on some Neat and Tangled sequins for a bit of shine.

I've got three challenges I would like to enter:

Seize the Birthday Challenge #171 (Flowers)



MFT Stamps - Birthday Project Challenge (Birthday Bouquets)


 Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge (Anything Goes - Entry #4)


You have until Sunday August 25th to link your project to The Flower Challenge and we will be back on the 15th with some more card designs to inspire you. Looking forward to finding out what your favourite flowers are in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona
 

7 comments:

  1. Your card is amazing Shona, Good luck with your Peonies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another gorgeous card Shona - your water-colouring is amazing!! Just in case no one has told you... I can get peonies to flower here, but then we get some really cold days, and heavy frosts, and they seem to like that.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. As you know, Peonies take a long time to establish. I've had mine for about 15 years and sometimes they don't live up to their potential. Then, I had someone working in my yard and they accidentally dug up my treasured white ones. Loud cursing filled our house and his ears were burning when I found out what he'd done. Anyway, until they bloom, this gorgeous card will fill in nicely. Your coloring is simply gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card and such beautiful flowers too Shona!Your colouring is so delicate also.....just awesome ;) hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my!!!! Shona, this is stunning! This card exuberates softness! So happy to have this beauty in our gallery at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The stamp is gorgeous but so is your coloring, Shona.

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous card mf...love the light and airy look it has.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete