Monday 15 July 2019

Simon Says Stamp - Monday Challenge - Entry #2

Hi there, I'm whipping in at the last possible minute with a second entry for the Simon Says Stamp - Monday Challenge!!





The theme for the challenge is 'Ocean Waves' and I've already created one card using my new stamp set from Funky Fossil Designs but there is one more image in this set that I just had to share with you:


Years ago when I was pregnant with Phoebe, I was having terrible nightmares and my midwife suggested a technique for calming myself if I woke scared in the night. She said to go thru the alphabet and name an animal for each letter. She used it herself but she used to get frustrated because for years she could never think of one for the letter 'N'. I immediately said 'Narwhal' and she was blown away! Ever since then I've been fascinated by them and love seeing videos of them on YouTube. So I was so excited to see one in this set!

I started off by stamping the narwhal from the Funky Fossil Designs 'Whale of a Time' stamp set on white CS using Gina K Amalgam black ink. I coloured him with my Altenew Artist Markers and fussy cut out. I also cut a panel of dark grey CS and adhered to the card front.

On a piece of white CS I adhered the Uniquely Creative 'Ocean Waves' stencil with washi tape and used a mini-blending tool to randomly add colour with blue Distress Inks. Once I was happy I spread over a thin layer of Nuvo Glimmer Paste 'Moonstone'. I removed the stencil and wiped it straight away and dried the paste with my heat gun.

I put the glimmer panel on a piece of white foam and popped the narwhal on foam tape. The sentiment (from the same stamp set) was stamped with Versafine black ink on white CS and fussy cut out. I then glued it to some black CS and fussy cut out again. This was put on foam tape, along with some Neat and Tangled sequins. And I added some Glossy Accents to the narwhals eye for a bit of shine.

Right, better get this post linked up to the challenge before my time runs out and will be back here tomorrow with some more of my cards from the weekend!

Take care
Shona
 

1 comment:

  1. I love narwahls too. I consider them to be floating unicorns and think they look charming. So naturally I love this little underwater theme. So very sweet.

    ReplyDelete