Wednesday 20 June 2018

The Cat's Pajama's Challenge #347 (Entry no. 4)

It has been the coldest day ever today and I'm off to bed soon to snuggle with my electric blanket. Its the shortest day tomorrow so maybe that has something to do with it, at least it means from Friday onwards our days will be getting longer and closer to warmer weather....yippee!!





I'm afraid I couldn't help myself (especially with The Daily Marker 30 Day Colouring Challenge going on...), with some images coloured in the past week I  had to turn them into a card for The Cats Pajama's Challenge:



These bunnies from The Cats Pajama's 'Family Forever' stamp set are so adorable and I love colouring them!!

I stamped this image on some white CS and coloured with pencils. I then used an oval-stitched die from Studio Katia to cut them out. It looked a bit blank with no sky so I gently blended some Distress Ink 'Salty Ocean' around the top.

I wanted to die-cut the larger oval die (from the same Studio Katia set) to go behind it but didn't want to resort to patterned paper. So......I die-cut the larger oval from white CS and stamped the flowers (from the same stamp set) with Hero Arts Shadow Ink in Bubblegum. I then gently blended some Distress Ink 'Picked Raspberry' all over it. Kind of reminds me of olden day wallpaper. The smaller oval was popped on top with some foam tape.

The ovals didn't look right on a white card base, so I cut a strip of grey CS, adhered it to the card front and then glued the ovals in place. The sentiment (from the same stamp set) was heat embossed in white on black CS, fussy cut out and popped on foam tape, along with some sequins from Neat and Tangled.

I'm also going to link this to the Uniko Studio Challenge #47 where they have this lovely photo for inspiration.

 
My bed and iPad are calling my name. I'm catching up on Jennifer McGuire videos and watercolouring videos, trying to find more tips to make my painting look better. Think I just need to practice, practice, practice but its hard when it looks the same every time. Thank goodness for YouTube, so many incredible artists willing to share their knowledge!!

Take care
Shona
 

4 comments:

  1. What a sweet image and beautifully coloured Shona. Love how you have mounted it and the background you stamped on the pink oval. A really pretty card
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute image, Shona ! And your colouring is fabulous ! I'd have to recover my mojo before joining in the Daily Marker challenge...may be next year ! Love how you framed this adorable scene. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at Uniko !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable image and I think you did a wonderful job painting it. Such a sweet, sweet card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is simply adorable! Thanks for joining in on the fun at Uniko again, always a delight to see you in the gallery :) Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete