Saturday 16 December 2017

Cards for my baking presents!!

Hi everybody, its been crazy busy around here (mainly for me) and I can't believe there is only just over a week till Christmas. I still haven't finished my shopping and I have to work every day this coming week, so thank goodness for late night shopping times!!

I realised the other day that I was short around 20 cards to go with all my baking gifts. Every year I bake around 20 dozen of my world famous 'Christmas Cowpat Cookies'. They are triple chocolate/macadamia and so good I only make them once a year on purpose!! 

I wanted to take some to friends and gardening clients, so I needed a card I could repeat easily but still look pretty:



I knew my new Neat and Tangled 'Holiday Baking' stamp set would be perfect for these cards. Its such a sweet set and I love all the little images included. Can imagine I will be using this a lot for all sorts of cards during the year!!

I grabbed my MISTI and set up the stamps around the middle sentiment stamp. I removed the middle stamp and stamped all the cards using black ink. Once the ink was dry I went back and heat embossed the sentiment with Ranger 'Queens Gold' embossing powder. Over the last few days, whenever I had a few spare moments, I've been colouring them all with my pencils, not the whole image but just enough to make it colourful. I decided not to add any sequins and just keep them simple.

I'm going to link this to the Uniko Challenge # 44 where their theme is 'Christmas'.



Will also link to the Simon Says Stamp - Monday Challenge where their theme is 'Christmas/Winter Holidays'.


And I'm also going to link to the CAS on Friday Challenge # 123 where their theme is 'Christmas'.

I better get back to my cookies. I'm making my fourth batch this week and each batch makes 4 dozen so maybe one more batch to go. Dave and Phoebe went to Auckland on Thursday so its just me and Max at home. Its extremely quiet and Max is exhausted from his last week at school, so he's chilling and I'm baking, making cards and gardening in the sun, with the odd moment every now and then of double-bounching Max on the trampoline. Its a wonderful day!!

Take care
Shona
 

7 comments:

  1. your cards are adorable Shona, thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy you're having a great weekend. If I didn't before, now I really wish we lived closer so I could taste those cookies & bounce along with you & Max. The cards you made are a gift themselves. You have very lucky friends & clients. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...I haven't even made one batch of cookies! Fun cards! Thanks for sharing at CAS on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is genial ! Love your "baking" Christmas card and this sentiment is so great ! A wonderful CAS card. Love it ! Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at Uniko !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful Shona, delightful delicate images and colouring and just the perfect little scene for Christmas. Thanks for joining us at Uniko and have a wonderful Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet cards Shona! soft and pretty, thanks for joining us at Uniko

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun idea to make cards for specific gifts and I really must *remember* the idea of giving home baked goods to friends/neighbours, such a lovely idea. Love this CAS design and cute images. Thanks so much for joining in at Uniko & apologies for my late commenting. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete