Thursday 27 July 2017

Uniko Challenge # 42

Hi everybody!! Its been a bit quiet on the blog of late. The kids have gone back to school this week after two weeks of holidays and trying to make cards while spending lots of time with them doesn't quite work out. So now I can kick my lack of mojo to the curb and get back into it!!






I was dying to try out an idea I came up with during the holidays and see if it would work. Thankfully it did and I'm definitely going to do this again:
 

I've also decided it about time I ramped up my photos a little, so I've started photographing the cards laying down on pieces of patterned paper. Fingers crossed you think this looks better!!

So, with this card I started off by cutting a panel of watercolour CS and heat embossing the flower image with white powder. I didn't have any set pattern, just tried to stamp them close together.  Once the embossing was finished I  used my mini-blending tool and Distress Ink 'Spun Sugar' to blend lightly over the whole panel. The panel was then adhered to the card front.

Now came the fun part. I don't have any finger daubers, so I squeezed together the mini-blending foam pads and added 'Mustard Seed' to the middle of each flower. I then added 'Spiced Marmalade' around the yellow, blending together slightly and then going back with the yellow again to make the blend smooth.

Next up it was 'Worn Lipstick' around the orange, blending them together slightly and lastly it was 'Picked Raspberry' around the outer edges. I just love how the flowers turned out, especially the the soft pink around them. 

For the sentiment I die-cut the 'friend' once from white CS and then twice from black CS, gluing them all together but having the black slightly moved down so it can be seen. This was glued straight to the card front. The rest of the sentiment was stamped in black on a strip of white CS and adhered as well, along with some pink, clear and yellow sequins.

The flower and sentiment stamps are from Studio Katia, the flower from 'Together We Bloom' and the sentiment from 'Your so Ranunculus'. The 'friend' die is from MFT Stamps and the sequins from Neat and Tangled.

I'm going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Anything Goes'.




And will also link to the Stamplorations CAS Challenge. They are on Summer Vacation until October but you can still add your CAS cards and they will randomly draw three winners each month!!


 

Its raining here today which means no gardening, however it means I now have time to catch up on some housework, baking and card making so I better get cracking. Always so much easier to do all these things when you have the house to yourself, it also means I can play my music loudly and sing along without anyone laughing!!

Take care
Shona
 
 

7 comments:

  1. A very pretty blend of colors with my favorite subject - flowers! Thanks, Shona, for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Miss Shona...love your pretty flowers, what a stunning background! Love you photo by the way, very clever, might just have to give that a try too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! The colors are absolutely lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Geez...this is just gorgeous. Beautifully blended inks over the dry embossing. Perfet sentiment. Thought your photos looked great before...but like this technique, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really pretty choice of colours and they all blend together so beautifully. Totally gorgeous! And I do like the flat image photos and have been experimanting a bit with them myself. Thanks for playing at Uniko.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simple idea for a gorgeous background. Love your blended colour palette x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty and beautiful ink blending. Thanks so much for sharing this beauty and joining in on the Uniko Challenge. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete