Thursday 26 May 2016

Little Tangles Challenge # 68 - Entry No. 3

Yes, my third entry with the same stamp set!! Have never done that before but it's such a wonderful set to use, I just couldn't help myself!!

Unfortunately I don't own many stamps or dies from Neat and Tangled (oh how I would love everything from the latest release..have you seen the donuts???) but that's why I enjoy the Little Tangles challenge. You don't have to use their products but I feel its nice to do so and gets my brain working on how to use what I have in a different way.... I still used the 'Scandinavian Prints' stamp set but felt a bit of fussy cutting was in order:



I stamped and layered the images using similar colours to my last two cards, and fussy cut them all out. I die-cut the faceted heart die twice from white CS and then from the most amazing new product. Its a wood veneer called BARC Wood by ARC Crafts. My friend Lowri gave me a piece to try out as she might be stocking it in her online craft store (Papervine). This one is called 'White Birch' and it was so easy to die-cut, and the feel and colouring is incredible. It will probably be turning up on a few more cards in the future....

I glued all the faceted heart layers together and then to the card front. I glued and layered all the flowers and leaves to the heart, added a few sequins and a sentiment from the same stamp set. The faceted heart die and sequins are also from Neat and Tangled, so its a 100% N&T card!!

I'm going to link this also to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Anything Goes'.


I was hoping to make some cards again tonight but I can't keep my eyes open. I went to a 'quick' little gardening job today that turned into a 5 hour marathon job. And I need to go back for a few more hours to finish it off. It was a glorious day though and I love whipping a garden back into shape. Its just a shame it exhausts me so, especially when I then have to come home and do all my 'housewife' jobs too. Will jump in bed with my phone and catch up with what everyone is doing on Instagram instead!!

Take care
Shona
 

8 comments:

  1. A beautiful card Shona, a lovely design with such pretty papers alpng with super beautifully coloured and papers!!

    hugs
    Heather xxhugs
    Heather xx
    Thanks so much for using with the <a href="http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/+>Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge</a>.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy, do I ever love what you're doing with this stamp set. Looks so great with the framented heart. Goes without saying that the stamping and colors are perfect. This is definitely a WOW! card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy, do I ever love what you're doing with this stamp set. Looks so great with the framented heart. Goes without saying that the stamping and colors are perfect. This is definitely a WOW! card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just lovely, Shona! Love the placement of elements! GREAT take on the challenges! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet...I love how you are using those sweet flowers, it is giving me lots of inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shona, this is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shona, this is gorgeous!! Thanks for joining us at Little Tangles!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty arrangement of the flowers! The wood veneer heart gives the card a natural look! Love it! And thank you so much for the encouraging comment on my blog, Shona:)!

    ReplyDelete