Wednesday 23 September 2015

Little Tangles Challenge # 60

What a rainy, dreary day it is today. Perfect for card making but I have both Max AND Phoebe home today. Max's cold turned into croup during the night and he sounds awful. Its not good news because he is part of the school choir festival tomorrow night and we are all looking forward to it. So fingers crossed his throat doesn't get worse. Phoebe is now coming down with a cold too, so not a quiet card making day....

I was so excited about this Little Tangles challenge as I love mint and gold together but every design idea I had just didn't work. So I got out my small stash of Neat and Tangled stamps and stared at them till I came up with this:


I haven't water coloured for a while, my paintbrush was feeling very neglected, so I took her for a spin! After heat embossing the Neat and Tangled 'Faceted' stamp in gold on water colour paper, I used Distress Ink 'Cracked Pistachio' to add some minty colour. I used a circle die (from Couture Creations) to cut out a large circle and also a smaller circle from vellum. I heat embossed the sentiment (from Neat and Tangled 'Sparkle and Shine) in gold and put some double-sided tape behind the letters to adhere to the water colouring. The large circle was put on foam tape and I added lots of gold star sequins to make it 'shine brighter'!!


I have four other challenges I would like to enter:

Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge (Die Crazy)

Simon Says Stamp - Monday Challenge (Use a Stamp)

Sparkle and Shine Challenge # 14 

 
Happy Little Stampers - September CAS Challenge 


Max is playing a video game and Phoebe watching yet another episode of Modern Family. So I'm off to try out a brownie recipe I found on Facebook this morning and get my shopping list ready for tomorrow. Hopefully then I can squeeze in a card or two......

Take care
Shona

13 comments:

  1. This is so pretty Shona! Love the mint and gold together. And your design is just perfect!! Glad you found some time to play. Hope Max is feeling better soon. And thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, Shona ... this really is a lovely colour combo! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. eeeeepppp!!!!! i love this! love the color combo and the simplicity of it :) thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love this! The circle cut from faceted, the gold, the vellum, totally perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Staring at your N&T stash and taking your water-colour brush for a spin has resulted in one gorgeous mint and gold card, Shona! So incredibly pretty! Hope Max and Phoebe are feeling better; I think the brownies are a perfect feel-better treat!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  6. perfection! thanks so much for joining us over on the little tangles challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Saw this last night on Instagram and practically swallowed my tongue. It's simply so lovely that it made me gasp. I guess your paint brush really wanted to show you how much it missed you. Hope Max & Phoebe get well soon. It's terrible being sick in the Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great that greeen with the gold! And a great design again! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  9. OHHHHHH, this is so amazing Shona! I love those wonderful colors and your sweet design!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another really pretty card! I love the geometric lines on the circle and the minty green is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your simple and soft card. Thanks for playing along with us at Sparkle & Shine.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a charming little card you've made here! I would've not thought to combine mint green and gold, but I adore the way it turned out! And I really like how you made the main images in circle shapes. That pairs amazingly well with the geometric pattern. And your embossing skills are an 11 on the scale of 1-10! I usually end up with some stray embossed residue here and there, but yours is wonderfully clean and crisp. Great work and I'm so glad you shared this with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Shona, this is gorgeous!! The soft colors look beautiful with the gold. Thank you for sharing your wonderful card with us for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete