Wednesday 1 July 2015

Winnie and Walter - Rerun No. 1 - Parentville Extras

I'm popping in very quickly before I race off to do some more gardening in the sun. No frost this morning, so my fingers won't fall off from frostbite, need to make the most of this glorious day!!

Over at Winnie and Walter they are starting a new challenge where they look at older stamp sets. This one is about the 'Parentville Extras' set, which unfortunately I don't own. But, I could enter the challenge by being inspired by one of the cards created.


I thought this card was just gorgeous and loved the soft colours and design. I don't own any small W&W flower stamps (or hearts) so had to improvise:


I cut a piece of pale blue patterned paper to fit the card front and then die cut the stitched rectangle from it. After adhering it to the card, I added the die-cut rectangle from white CS. I die-cut three waffle edged squares from white CS and stuck them all together. After stamping and heat embossing the diamond in gold, I also stamped three sparkles and covered it in a piece of die-cut vellum. 

I then decided to heat emboss the 'MY' in white and popped the square on some foam tape. The 'precious' was stamped and heat embossed in gold as well. I thought a few pale green sequins would finish it off nicely.

The stamps are from Winnie and Walter 'My Precious' and the sequins are from the Winnie and Walter Birthday Bash set by Pretty Pink Posh. The stitched-rectangle die is also from Pretty Pink Posh and the waffle square die is from QuicKutz. The blue paper is from Dear Lizzy 'Serendipity'.

Right, better go and change into my gardening ensemble. There is so much to do in the garden at this time of year, even though nothing is growing. And I have a group of little Fantail birds that keep me company which is really cute. So will just be me, the birds, some worms and mud for the next 4 hours.....fun!

Take care
Shona
 



 

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous
    looks elegant
    and love the color combo
    Shona I am so happy today I can posting the first card for ATSM
    so happy being together with you on the same design team
    see my first post please
    I hope the card is good enough
    I was stack dont have idea with that suitcase Image
    but I have managed it to be a travel card
    see you soon my friend..
    I dont know what the problem with FOLLOW by EMAIL at my blog
    many ladies told they got no email from Blogspot
    funny but I dont know why..they dont like my blog maybe hehehe (joke)
    I stay home today cause headache (month probleme :))
    hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very lovely take on Julie's card...love the use of My Precious and we are so happy you took part in our first Rerun challenge! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card Shona...love your fabulous card. That big gem is simply stunning and looks so amazing, what an incredible card you made!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My comment disappeared into the ether, Shona ... I'll try again! So pretty ... lovely delicate colour palette and wonderful softening with the vellum overlay ... fabulous with that gorgeous scripty sentiment! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete