Wednesday 24 September 2014

Lawnscaping Challenge #90

I'm being a bit sneaky today. I don't usually do my blog posts till late at night but it takes so long I'm then too tired to actually make any more cards. So I'm doing two posts now (even though its gloriously sunny outside) and will return to my domestic duties straight after....promise....


One thing I do love is looking at how people colour in their stamped images, especially animals. I don't have any colouring products yet so I wasn't sure if I would be able to play in this Lawnscaping Challenge but then I had an idea.....


I've had this Lawn Fawn 'Into the Woods' stamp set for nearly a year but have never used the animals because I could never colour them. So I thought, lets go with the 'no colour' idea and see how it looks....I thought it looked pretty good! I basically stamped all the critters randomly, trying to get them as close together as possible and then went back with the heart stamp in red.

I didn't want to do a big sentiment and cover it up, so stamped the two speech bubbles in red and cut them out by hand (don't look to closely!) and adhered them with foam tape. I then used foam tape again to put the panel on a red card and finished. I'm really excited about this card and it looks better than what I had in my head!

I did tuck in a small rabbit from a Kaisercraft stamp set I have, just because I couldn't fit any of the critters in those spaces.

I'm also going to link this to the challenge at Addicted to CAS #48 where their theme is:

And as I haven't used these critter stamps before, will also link into the lovely Darnell's NBUS #2 Challenge (NBUS stands for 'Never Before Used Schtuff'). It closes on Thursday 25th Sept at Noon, so still time for you to enter!

A quick update: The wonderful Darnell left me a comment suggesting that because I had used scissors on this card,  I should enter this into the AAA Card Challenge #21  where their theme is 'Fussy Cutting ', which I did for my two sentiment bubbles. I actually thought I had linked this card but must have been thinking about a card I posted on Monday. Thanks so much Darnell for giving my brain a kick in the behind!!

Right, one more card to post and then straight back into the housework or maybe I can go straight into the garden so to make the most of the sun...mmmm..I think the garden sounds much more inviting!

Take care
Shona

10 comments:

  1. Shona, dear Shona, this made me smile all the way around to the back of my head! Cuddly, adorable, ingenious, fun ... all that and more! My hamster wants to know if he can come live in your head for a while where all these darling critters live!! Thank you so much for playing again in my NBUS Challenge!! Hugs, Darnell (And hey, PS, I noticed the current challenge at "AAA Cards" is to use something fussy cut on your card, which you did, so you should enter there, too! aaacards.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo sweet, Shona ... all those little critters are just adorable ... and I love the speech bubbles! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you've left the animals uncolored and added the colored speech bubbles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute idea with those speech bubbles! LOVE the colors too. So glad you could play along at AAA Cards

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun card with a great splash of color. So glad you joined in at AAA Cards this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, that is the cleverest idea ever! Love it and pinned it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shona, the sentiment bubbles are perfectly fussy cut for the fun background! Thanks again for sharing your cutting skills with us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, I am SOOO recreating this card with similar stamps that I have. This is fabulous!!! I love the black and white with little pops of red. And those critters are adorable! Thanks for sharing with us at ATCAS :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you created the background and have just the little pops of red for the sentiment. Your creatures are certainly cuddly. So glad you joined us at ATCAS this week
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete