Thursday 31 July 2014

The Card Concept Challenge #15

I had the idea for this card this morning as I ran around getting everyone ready for school. And managed to get it finished off just now so I could photograph and blog it before the sun disappears. Phew!

 This is my second entry to The Card Concept  challenge, under the 'Clean and Simple' category. I was disappointed that I couldn't find any lime coloured paper within my huge stockpile but remembered this morning that I had sequins that would be perfect!


I used the sketch from the CAS(E) this Sketch Challenge #86. I cut another piece of white card stock and cut a circle with my hole punch. I then glued sequins to the front of the card (after marking out where the circle would be). I used my black gel pen to make the balloon string, stamped my sentiment and then used millions of foam squares to attach it to the front of the card over the sequins. I love it, have been wanting to make a card like this for months!!

The sequins are by Studio Calico and purchased from Papervine. The sentiment is from Altenew 'Sohcahtoa'.

This will also be linked (as my 2nd entry) to the CAS(E) this Sketch #86 challenge where their sketch is:

I will also link to the Less is More Challenge Week #182 where their theme is 'Anything Goes'. This is my second entry.

And also to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge where their theme is also 'Anything Goes'. This is my second entry.

And lastly to the challenge at Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge #106 where their theme is 'Anything Goes'. This is my second entry.

Boy oh boy that's a lot of links!! There are so many fantastic challenges out there, I wish I had the time to try them all!

Take Care
Shona

21 comments:

  1. What a beautiful CAS card! I love you choose sequins to decorate the card! Thank you for shareing at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab idea - the sequins are the perfect colour for the challenge! I love sequins so may well 'borrow' this :) Love the floaty balloon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply stunning, striking, CAS, perfection
    Love the simplicity
    Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is FANTASTIC!!! What a brilliant idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous, cheerful balloon you've created - those sequins are the 'perfect' special touch. Clever you to find the challenge colours in your sequin collection. Did I read correctly that your kids are back to school? Oh my...we still have another month off here in Alberta (we finish the end of June, return the beginning of Sept.). Fall really is right around the corner! Thank you for sharing your delightful card at ATSM!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! I love the shine and sparkle of the sequins - I tried that technique yesterday and it is tricky! Love the fresh clean feel of this! So glad you joined us at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! I really love how you played with the sequins on this card, Shona! Brilliant idea, and I love all the sparkle and shine!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at ATSM this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a brilliant idea, Shona ... so impeccably executed ... gorgeous, fresh and crisp! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cool Shona, love how you used the sequins. This is a unique idea and all that white space is just yummy. I signed up for emails of your posts now so shouldn't miss any. And thanks for sharing this with is at ATSM x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous CAS card. I love how you have used the sequins.

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Wednesday Challenge.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  11. How clever to use the sequins! Another fab submission Shona
    Thanks so much for joining LIM this week
    Anne
    Less is More Designer

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful card,great colours!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another great card! You were totally inspired and it shows!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Genius! Such a simple idea with stunning results. I've loved seeing your cards since becoming a new DT member at ATSM so you've got yourself a new follower. Thanks for joining in again this week, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Stunning card, and what a clever way to use those sequins.
    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is another gorgeous one!
    Thanks so much once more
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  17. Shona, this card is gorgeous! I love your sequin balloon! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a darling use of sequins! Love to see this kind of creativity! Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  19. OH MY GOODNESS...this is about as cute as they come! I love your festive sequin balloon and can not wait to make one just like this.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey Shona!! I have to try this technique!! That balloon is amazing. Great job.

    ReplyDelete