Friday 20 September 2013

I've had my first blog comment!!


Well, I couldn't have been more excited seeing my first ever comment on my blog this morning! Its so lovely to know that someone took the time to look at my card and also that my blog actually works. I'm not the best with computers, so wondered if I had done everything properly.......

I have made this card for my daughter to send to her new friend on Waiheke Island, Auckland. She is 9 years old so wanted to send something fun, bright and colourful. And what a perfect opportunity to use some of my HUGE washi tape collection. I purchased all of these from Papervine and they have the best variety of washi tapes I've seen.  I just used a plain white card stock and put the tape straight on down the side. This is very bad but can't remember which collection I found this yellow woodgrain from but just loved the pattern.

I have become obsessed with bakers twine of late and never used it on a card. I think it adds that little bit of fun I wanted. And I used a tip that I had seen on a tutorial by the wonderful Kristina Werner. She has a fantastic blog with the best tutorials and beautiful card designs. She suggested cutting a little 'v' in the top and bottom of the card where I want the twine to sit. It gives it a groove to sit in and stops it from slipping around. And it worked perfectly!!

Am really enjoying writing this blog. A bit scary putting my creations out into the world but I'm excited to hear the good and the bad comments and meet some wonderful people along the way.

Thanks for visiting!

Shona

No comments:

Post a Comment